OmniPlan for Mac
September 23, 2018
Requires macOS 10.12
OmniPlan 3.10 for Mac introduces a brand new experience for syncing and sharing your OmniPlan projects. The new “Sync & Sharing” workflow replaces the old interfaces for managing server accounts and setting up publishing and subscription actions, and is intended to make this powerful feature easier to discover, setup, and use.
- Backwards Compatibility — OmniPlan 3.10 for Mac and the corresponding iOS release, OmniPlan 3.10 for iOS, contain changes to how OmniPlan identifies projects as distinct from one another. If you’re syncing OmniPlan projects between multiple devices via a publishing & subscription collaboration action, you should update all installations of OmniPlan to the most recent version.
- Sync & Sharing Options [PRO] — Publishing and subscription actions are now configured and managed in a fully redesigned interface. To create or edit a publishing and subscription action, select the new Sync & Sharing Options… item in the Project menu (previously, this menu item was titled Configure Publishing & Subscriptions…).
- Server Account Management [PRO] — The new Server Accounts window, accessed via the Accounts item in the OmniPlan menu, provides streamlined access to the features that were previously split between the Accounts pane of OmniPlan’s Preferences, the Open From Server Repository window, and the Server Repository window.
- File Duplication in Finder [PRO] — OmniPlan now detects when a file that is configured to sync with a server repository has been duplicated in Finder, and offers to sync the duplicated file as a distinct project to the server. This reduces the possibility for dataloss when duplicating synced files.
- Google Calendar [PRO] — OmniPlan now supports Google Calendar’s modern authentication API. When configuring a Google calendar account in OmniPlan it is now no longer necessary to set up an application-specific password for your account or enable account access to less secure apps.
- Image Publishing [PRO] — It is now possible to configure an image publishing action that publishes the Network Diagram or Resource Timeline to PDF, PNG, TIFF, or JPEG.
- Subscription Actions [PRO] — OmniPlan now refers to getting changes to a subscription action as “refreshing” the action (in previous versions of OmniPlan this was referred to as “updating” the action, which many users found confusing). The menu bar and toolbar options for this functionality reflect the new name for this functionality, but you can still use the old Update keyboard shortcut if you’d like to!
- Syncing Actions [PRO] — OmniPlan no longer offers to set up a “Sync task to/from Calendar Server reminders” publishing action, as support for this functionality has been dropped by Apple.
- Syncing Actions [PRO] — OmniPlan no longer includes previously configured sync and sharing actions when publishing a project to a server repository for the first time.
- Calendar Syncing [PRO] — Changes to a task’s duration in a Google or Apple Calendar now sync back to OmniPlan successfully.
- OmniPlan Standard — Fixed a bug that could cause OmniPlan Standard to attempt to access publishing & subscription actions that were configured while running OmniPlan Pro in trial mode.
- Leveling — Fixed a bug that could cause OmniPlan to hang when attempting to schedule a task assigned to a resource with no available work hours.
- Microsoft Project Export [PRO] — Data in custom columns now exports to Microsoft Project.
- Sharing Actions [PRO] — Publishing to an image format now respects the view selected when configuring the action (instead of exporting the active view).
- Subscribed Calendars [PRO] — Updating a webcal subscription twice no longer causes the extra & off hours to disappear from the calendar.
- Stability [PRO] — Fixed a crash that could occur when refreshing with an AppleScript action configured.
- Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when undoing leveling.
- Misc — Additional bug and crash fixes.