OmniOutliner for iOS
March 29, 2018
Requires iOS 11
OmniOutliner 3.1 adds the ability to apply the Strikethrough style to text, introduces searchable in-app Reference Manuals, fixes the most commonly reported crashes, and contains numerous other fixes and improvements.
- Styles — Strikethrough is now available in the Font inspector.
- Documentation — OmniOutliner 3’s Essential and Pro Reference Manuals are now available offline in a searchable in-app viewer.
- Reader Mode — Trying to create a new document in free reader mode will instead bring up the in-app purchase screen.
- General — Updated some error reporting to include more information to help diagnose the issue, suppressed multiple errors that were unnecessary, and stopped offering to report specific errors that are self-explanatory.
- Encryption — Password hints on flat format .ooutline files are now stored in a sync-friendly way.
- Batch Find — Selecting a Batch Find result will always make that row or note in the outline view visible.
- iPhone SE — Slightly reduced the miniumum width used with Autosize for the outline column to fit the width of iPhone SE in portrait orientation.
- Drag and Drop — CSV, .txt, .rtf, .md, files and other plain text variants can be attached via drag and drop to outlines.
- Audio Recording — Applying a theme no longer interferes with an in-progress audio recording.
- General — Improved auto-scrolling behavior when starting to edit a row near the top or bottom of the view.
- iPhone X — Fixed some minor layout issues on iPhone X.
- Export — HTML and HTML (Dynamic) formats no longer try to display Photoshop files inline.
- Keyboard Shortcuts — Disabled the increase/decrease keyboard shortcuts in Essentials mode as it is a Pro feature.
- Keyboard Shortcuts — Stopped showing Named Style shortcuts in the keyboard shortcut overlay when editing a cell as it is a Pro feature to apply Named Styles to runs of text.
- Stability — Fixed a crash using the New Document option from the app’s 3D Touch menu when in free reader mode.
- Stability — Fixed a crash tapping the note button after rotating the device with no row selected.
- Stability — Fixed a crash using Undo after applying a theme with the theme picker visible.
- Stability — Fixed a crash triggered by using the “Begin Free Trial” option when an internet connection was not available.
- Stability — Backgrounding and reactivating OmniOutliner while renaming an open document no longer triggers a crash.
- Stability — Incoming syncs that changes the number of columns or named styles no longer cause a crash when the Document inspector is visible.
- Stability — Fixed a crash when resizing the split view mode on iPads with certain inspector panes visible.
- Stability — Fixed a crash due to dropping an attachment at the very end of a row