OmniPlan 4.4 improves OmniPlan’s leveling and scheduling logic on all platforms, and introduces localizations on iPad and iPhone. OmniPlan 4 is now localized in English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Spanish on all platforms.
- Localizations — OmniPlan is now localized in English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Spanish.
- Leveling — Leveling now supports assigning a resource group that contains only equipment resources with 0% efficiency (previously this would trigger a “no dependency chain available” violation). This is useful for automatically assigning an available conference room from a resource group of conference rooms, for example.
- Omni Automation — Omni Automation improvements. For more detail, see the Omni Automation Release Notes (available in the Automation API Reference via the Automation menu in the toolbar).
- Leveling — Improved leveling logic related to resource availability.
- Leveling — A warning is now presented when leveling could cause a hammock task to stretch endlessly due to an assigned resource that is also in the dependency chain for the hammock’s end date.
- Omni Account — Closing an Omni Account can now be initiated via the Omni Account settings.
- Leveling — Leveling no longer unassigns resources assigned to manually scheduled tasks.
- Leveling — Fixed a bug that could cause resource start dates to interfere with accurately scheduling tasks set to “Task progress requires: Any of the assigned resources.”
- Leveling — Leveling a “Adjust Assigned Amounts” task that is assigned to multiple resources no longer over assigns units to resources with less than 100% unit availability (previously, OmniPlan split the assigned amount evenly across all assigned resources, regardless of individual resource availability).
- Leveling — Resource leveling no longer gives up on scheduling long sequences of as-late-as-possible tasks that end up determining the project end date in projects scheduled from a fixed start.
- Leveling — Fixed a bug that could cause leveling to repeatedly split and merge partially completed tasks.
- Leveling — ALAP milestones in a forward project now level correctly.
- Multitasking — Changes to sidebar visibility no longer affect all open documents.
- Outline View — Task group expansion state is now restored in Outline View.
- Scheduling — One hour tasks are now scheduled as expected over standard to daylight savings time changeover.
- Scheduling — Hammock task now round to whole days as expected in projects set to daily scheduling granularity.
- Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when creating a hammock task between ASAP & ALAP tasks in some project schedules.
- Violations — A violation is now presented when a resource is over-allocated due to simultaneous manually scheduled tasks.