OmniPlan 4 introduces a brand new Outline View on iPad and iPhone, optimized for quickly creating and organizing projects, with fully customizable column display and enhanced keyboard navigation support. In addition to this powerful new view, this release brings new scheduling features like recurring tasks and manual task scheduling, originally introduced in OmniPlan 4 for Mac, to iPad and iPhone, as well as a wide range of improvements throughout the app, making OmniPlan easier than ever to use for day-to-day project management tasks, no matter how complex your project is.
And now, for the first time ever, OmniPlan is available as a universal purchase: get full access to OmniPlan 4 on your Mac, iPad, and iPhone with a single purchase or subscription.
OmniPlan 4.0 for iPad & iPhone
A note about backwards compatibility: OmniPlan 4 contains changes to OmniPlan’s scheduling logic and file format. While some versions of OmniPlan 3 are able to open projects created in OmniPlan 4, previous versions of OmniPlan do not use the same scheduling logic when computing project schedules and you may notice scheduling inconsistencies. We do not recommend syncing OmniPlan 4 projects with OmniPlan 3 for Mac or iOS.
- Universal App Licensing — Get full access to OmniPlan 4 on your Mac, iPad, and iPhone with a single purchase or subscription.
- Outline View:
- Project Outline — Quickly create and organize projects in a dedicated Outline View.
- Customizable Columns — Fully customize column display in Outline View. Select a pre-configured column set, or hide and show individual columns as needed.
- In-line Editing — Update a task’s Title, Effort, Duration, Resources, Prerequisite, Dependents, and Effort Complete without ever leaving the project outline.
- Keyboard Navigation — Navigate & organize your project outline via keyboard shortcuts when connected to an external keyboard.
- Scribble Support — Start writing on an existing task in Outline View to insert text, or cross out text to delete it. Write below the existing project outline to quickly create a new task.
- Recurring Tasks — Tasks can now be scheduled to occur at daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly intervals.
- Manual Task Scheduling — Tasks now support manual scheduling. Tasks set as scheduled manually will use the start and end dates you provide; OmniPlan will not attempt to automatically reschedule them. (Manual task scheduling replaces the “locked” task date functionality offered by previous OmniPlan versions.)
- Task Roll Up — Group tasks can now to be set to “When closed, roll up children” in the Task Inspector. When this option is set, sub-tasks and milestones are displayed as individual task bars on a single row, rather than a single encompassing task bar.
- File Type — OmniPlan projects can now be saved as flat files or package files. The file type for a project can be modified via the new File Type option at the bottom of the Project Inspector. Package files can be faster to save, but flat files are more compatible with third-party sync services such as Dropbox and Box.
- Inspector Appearance — Appearance, layout, and organization of all inspectors have been updated to increase discoverability and improve access to functionality.
- Dates — Dates are now input via the iOS 14 system date picker interface, which supports selecting dates and times in a calendar popover.
- Project & Resource Notes — Project and Resource Notes can now be viewed and edited in the inspector.
- Scheduling & Leveling:
- Leveling — Completed and partially-completed tasks are now included when leveling resources.
- Resources — Work calendars for material and equipment resources are now respected when scheduling tasks.
- Scheduling — Various scheduling improvements for more efficient and accurate project schedules.
- Keyboards — OmniPlan no longer relies on custom on-screen keyboards to input dates or numeric values like effort and duration. Instead, OmniPlan presents either a date picker or the native iOS keyboard. This change is intended to simplify the experience for entering numerical values and improve compatibility with hardware keyboards.
- Change Tracking [PRO] — Change tracking has been updated for improved reliability.
- Omni Automation [PRO] — Support for Omni Automation has been updated; detailed notes about automation enhancements and changes can be found in the
API Reference Release Notes (accessed via the Automation toolbar button).
- Misc. Improvements — Smaller bug fixes and improvements throughout the application.