OmniGraffle for Mac
January 17, 2018
Requires macOS 10.12
OmniGraffle 7.6 adds new features to Stencils. There are new view controls in the Stencil Browser, more options for where the Browser appears, and we’ve made it easier to build up your Stencil library by adding the ability to drag from the canvas to a stencil file. File management in the Resource Browser has also improved, making it easier to organize stencils. This version also fixes some of the most reported bugs and crashes; thank you for sending us those reports!
- New Preferences for Default Stencil Browser Location — In addition to Popover and Floating Window, there are two new options for default Stencil Browser locations: Right Sidebar and Left Sidebar. Look for the configuration option on the General tab in Preferences. From any of these locations, double-click on a stencil in the file list to open that stencil as a new floating window.
- Drag and Drop Objects onto Stencils — Quickly add new objects to a stencil by holding down the option key (the shortcut for duplicating) and dragging an object from the canvas to the stencil browser. Drop it on the Grid, List, or Canvas view and the object is immediately saved to that stencil. Change the object’s position in the stencil or any of its metadata by choosing Edit Stencil from the gear menu in the Stencil Browser.
- Collapse and Expand Stencil Canvases — If you organize stencils using multiple canvases then the new disclosure triangle next to each stencil canvas in the Stencil Browser makes it easy to hide and show them.
- View Options for Stencils — The Stencil Browser now has a button with an eye icon where you can find various view settings. Background color options are available for the stencil Grid, List, and Canvas views. Stencils appear in the Grid and List view based on their hierarchy in the stencil file; choose Reverse Order to change the order. When viewing stencils as a list there are additional controls for the size of the rows and what metadata is displayed.
- Grid as Default — The Grid view in the Stencil Browser is now the default but OmniGraffle now also remembers which view you last used and uses that preference next time.
- Non-printing Layers in Stencils — Objects on non-printing layers in Stencil documents aren’t shown in the Grid or List view of the Stencil Browser. Useful when you want to provide some examples or annotations for your stencil objects in the canvas view and hide that content in the Grid or List view.
- Drag and Drop Files in the Resource Browser — The Resource Browser now supports dragging and drop files between folders to make organization easier.
- Rename Folders in the Resource Browser — Folders can now be renamed directly from the Resource Browser.
- New Folder from Selection in the Resource Browser — There is a new option in the gear menu of the Resource Browser to create a new folder with the selected files.
- Object Data Inspector — The Note inspector has been renamed to the Object Data inspector.
- Presentation Mode — Stencil windows and the color picker are now hidden when entering Presentation Mode.
- Click and Paste — Clicking the canvas or the gray area around the canvas before pasting objects more reliably places the objects where the click took place.
- Page Scale — Fixed a bug that prevented proper document scaling when printing with a scale setting other then 100% in Page Setup.
- Actions Exported to PDF — Fixed a bug that caused some “Jump to…” actions to not export correctly to PDF.
- Print to PDF — Fixed a crash that would happen when overwriting an existing PDF using the Print to PDF feature on a TouchBar MacBook Pro running macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Bézier Point Selection — Fixed a rendering bug that occasionally made selected Bézier points not appear selected.
- Line Labels — Fixed a bug that caused a line’s label to be disconnected from the line when the line type was changed.
- Color Names — Fixed a bug that caused the named colors to appear as “Custom”.
- Canvas Position Shifting — Fixed a bug that caused the canvas position to shift when toggling between canvases using the arrow keys.
- Visio Import Crash — Fixed a bug that caused a crash when importing some Visio files.