OmniFocus for Mac
April 11, 2017
Requires OS X 10.11
OmniFocus 2.9 introduces a new attachment storage and sync system. To migrate to the new system you’ll need to be running OmniFocus 2.19 or later on all of your iOS devices and OmniFocus 2.9 or later on all of your Macs. Once all of your syncing devices are running a version that supports the new system, you’ll be prompted to migrate your database.
- Attachments — Starting with v2.19 (iOS) and 2.9 (Mac), OmniFocus stores attachments separately from the items that contain them, resulting in improved performance and storage efficiency. Once all of your syncing devices are running a version that supports the new attachments, you’ll be prompted to migrate your database.
- Attachment List — The Attachment List window now groups multiple items that reference the same file and provides buttons to easily go to an item.
- Completed Perspective — This perspective no longer shows a group of “Not yet completed” items.
- Repeats — Prevented a crash when importing an item with a repeat rule that OmniFocus doesn’t understand.
- Software Update — Fixed a problem where you might receive “CFErrorDomainLaunchd error 4” when trying to update OmniFocus from within the app.
- Sync Preferences — Fixed a problem where the Unregister button for sync clients was active with no selection in the client list (and unregistered the first client in the list).
- Sync — OmniFocus now handles the DAV
207 multi-status responses returned by NGINX in its default configuration with the
nginx-extras APT package.
- Device List — Added the OmniFocus version of the listed device as a tooltip both in the Device List in Preferences and during the database migration flow.
- Documentation — Updated the in-app Help.
- Encryption — We now offer to immediately re-upload and re-encrypt your database when you change your encryption passphrase.
- Future Database Formats — Improved the error message you’ll see when OmniFocus tries to open a database from a later version.
- Localizations — Updated Localizations.