OmniFocus 3.12.1 — October 31, 2021
OmniFocus 3.12.1 improves support for Shortcuts, fixes a regression with image attachments, and improves sync performance in some cases. This update requires macOS 11 Big Sur or newer.
- Image Attachments — It’s once again possible to paste images into notes.
- Shortcuts Actions: Files — The associated file parameters for the Omni Automation Shortcuts actions now support attaching binary files in addition to plain text files.
- Shortcuts Actions: Error Handling — The Omni Automation actions for Shortcuts will correctly report any errors thrown by the script or plug-in, rather than reporting “An unknown error occurred.”
- Shortcuts Actions: Today’s Forecast — Fixed a crash encountered when requesting the tagged section of Today’s Forecast.
- Sync Performance — Fixed a bug where an interrupted sync could leave the database in a state where its history would no longer compact, even when all devices were fully synced. This would lead to slower and slower sync performance over time, requiring manual intervention to compact the database and restore normal sync performance.
OmniFocus 3.12 — October 25, 2021
OmniFocus 3.12 introduces support for Shortcuts on macOS 12 Monterey. This update requires macOS 11 Big Sur or newer.
- Shortcuts — OmniFocus 3.12 now supports all of the Shortcuts actions that have been available in OmniFocus 3 for iPad and iPhone: Add Items, Find Items, Show in OmniFocus, Add TaskPaper, Today’s Forecast, Find Tags, and Find Projects.
- Omni Automation — We’ve also added support for triggering Omni Automation scripts and plug-ins from Shortcuts, using the new Run Omni Automation Script and Run Omni Automation Plug-In actions.