OmniFocus 3.12.2 — November 4, 2021
OmniFocus 3.12.2 fixes a regression introduced in 3.12.1 with restoring the selection when changing perspectives. We also hope that it fixes a crash encountered in full screen mode on macOS 12 Monterey. This update requires macOS 11 Big Sur or newer.
- Restored Selection Moves to Parent — Fixed a regression where the selection in the sidebar and main outline would move from a child item to its parent when returning to a perspective or changing view options.
- Monterey Crash in Full Screen Mode — Hopefully fixed a crash reported by some customers when using OmniFocus in full-screen mode on Monterey. This crash has been very difficult to reproduce reliably, so we were never able to determine exactly when or why it happens. But the crash reports did tell us where in the code the crash happened (when mousing over the edge of the sidebar), so we’ve updated that code and haven’t seen the crash since.
- Resize Cursor on Monterey — Monterey 12.0.1 has a regression in its handling of cursor rects that would sometimes leave the sidebar resize cursor enabled after crossing the border between the sidebar and the main outline. We’ve added some code to work around this bug (though we’re hopeful this workaround will only be temporary).
- Shortcuts and Promises — When a failing
Promise is returned by an Omni Automation Script action, Shortcuts will now display an error describing the failure rather than “An unknown error occurred.”
OmniFocus 3.12 — October 25, 2021
OmniFocus 3.12 introduces support for Shortcuts on macOS 12 Monterey. This update requires macOS 11 Big Sur or newer.
- Shortcuts — OmniFocus 3.12 now supports all of the Shortcuts actions that have been available in OmniFocus 3 for iPad and iPhone: Add Items, Find Items, Show in OmniFocus, Add TaskPaper, Today’s Forecast, Find Tags, and Find Projects.
- Omni Automation — We’ve also added support for triggering Omni Automation scripts and plug-ins from Shortcuts, using the new Run Omni Automation Script and Run Omni Automation Plug-In actions.