OmniFocus for Mac
January 14, 2019
Requires macOS 10.13
OmniFocus 3.2 adds support for background notifications in macOS Mojave, restores support for repeats specified in minutes, and fixes bugs.
- Notifications (Requires macOS Mojave) — OmniFocus for Mac now supports the same notification types as OmniFocus for iOS. You can be notified at the time an item is deferred until or due, or at the latest time you should start (due time minus estimated duration). There is also a custom option that lets you set a notification for some amount of time before the item’s due time—or at a completely arbitrary time. Due, Deferred, and Latest Start notifications can be made the default for all items via OmniFocus Preferences; notifications for specific items can be configured in the Notifications Inspector.
- Preferences — Added a Notifications preference pane for macOS Mojave users, reorganized the Badges preference pane, and moved the Today Widget preferences to a new Extensions preference pane. Renamed the Synchronization preference pane to Sync.
- Repeats — You can once again configure a repeat using an interval specified in Minutes.
- Customize Toolbar — Fixed a problem with this sheet’s Done button when there were enough toolbar items to make it taller than the screen height.
- Encryption — OmniFocus now offers recovery instructions when encountering a problem where data on the server is encrypted with an unknown key (this previously resulted in an unrecoverable “No Key in Slot” error).
- Free Viewer — Fixed a problem where the notice bar that alerts you that OmniFocus is running in Free Viewer mode did not appear in direct builds.
- Perspectives — Fixed a problem where actions would disappear from “Entire Projects” custom perspectives as soon as a project was assigned, instead of correctly waiting for clean up.
- Today Widget — Fixed a problem in the Today Widget that could result in an OmniFocus crash.
- VoiceOver — Made several improvements to VoiceOver support in OmniFocus.
- Documentation — Updated the in-app help and added a link to Inside OmniFocus to the Help menu.
- Smaller Fixes and Improvements — Including crash fixes.