OmniFocus 3.12 introduces Omni Automation actions for Shortcuts, improves sync performance in some cases, improves app activation times on iOS 15, and fixes some issues with renewing an active subscription. This update requires iOS 14 or later.
- Omni Automation — We’ve added support for triggering Omni Automation scripts and plug-ins from Shortcuts, using the new Omni Automation Script and Omni Automation Plug-In actions.
- Permissions — Rather than present a comprehensive permissions dialog when setting up the app, OmniFocus prompts for specific permissions as they are needed.
- Sync Performance — Fixed a bug where an interrupted sync could leave the database in a state where its history would no longer compact, even when all devices were fully synced. This would lead to slower and slower sync performance over time, requiring manual intervention to compact the database and restore normal sync performance.
- iOS 15 Performance — Improved app activation performance on iOS 15 by avoiding floating time zone updates when the time zone hasn’t actually changed.
- Subscription Renewal — Fixed some issues which could cause the app to lose track of an active subscription, requiring a fresh Omni Account sign-in each time the subscription renewed. Signing in to an Omni Account should now keep you signed in until you explicitly sign out, remove the app, or change your account password.
- Stability — Fixed a background crash encountered when the app was pre-launched by iOS.