OmniFocus 2.21 — September 19, 2017
OmniFocus 2.21 adds support for iOS 11 Drag and Drop and Siri integration. This release requires iOS 11 and watchOS 4.
OmniFocus 2.21 for iOS requires iOS 11.
- Drag and Drop — OmniFocus now supports Drag and Drop both internally and for getting information in and out of the app:
- You can drag tasks within or between OmniFocus projects to move them around your project hierarchy and create action groups.
- Drag actions to a different day in Forecast to adjust their due dates.
- On iPad, you can drag tasks to any app that accepts text or calendar events. Depending on the target app the resulting item will be TaskPaper-formatted text, URLs, or Calendar Items.
- Also on iPad, you can drag in content from almost any app to create tasks. You can drag Files and Photos directly to the Attachment tab of the Editor to add them to existing tasks.
- Siri Integration — You can now access OmniFocus data directly from Siri. Siri doesn’t yet know about the OmniFocus database structure, so both Projects and Contexts are represented as “Lists”. Here are some example phrases for you to try:
- Item Creation:
- “Add a task named Buy Milk in OmniFocus”
- “Remind me to Take Out the Trash at 5 PM in OmniFocus”
- “Add Harvest Kale to my Gardening list in OmniFocus”
- “Remind me to Turn on the Sprinklers when I get home in OmniFocus” (OmniFocus creates a context for this location if one does not exist)
- “Create a list called Learn to Sail in OmniFocus” (always creates a project)
- Marking Items Complete:
- “Mark Buy Replacement Apple Watch Band as complete in OmniFocus”
- “What lists do I have in OmniFocus?”
- “Show me the Groceries list in OmniFocus”
- “Show me my Hardware Store tasks in OmniFocus”
- Item Creation:
- New Item — You can now drag the New Inbox Item button into the outline to create your new item at a specific spot in a list.
- Files — Your OmniFocus database and backups now appear in the Files app. This primarily allows you to access these files to send to support for diagnostics; moving and editing of OmniFocus documents via Files without instructions from Omni is likely to cause data loss.
- Files — Updated our document icons (visible in the Files app).
- Reminders Capture — Updated the text in this area of Settings to convey its deprecation in favor of Siri integration.
- Hyperlinks — Fixed a problem where links in notes were difficult to successfully tap.
- First-run — We now have localized subtitles for the first-run video.
- Trial — Prevented the Trial bar from blocking important UI elements.
- Free Viewer Mode — Reminders Capture is now disabled in Free Viewer mode to prevent data loss.