OmniFocus 3.6 for iOS and Mac add support for “floating” time zones, meaning that items will become due or available at the same local time no matter where you are in the world.
- Database Migration — Shortly after all of your devices sync using OmniFocus 3.6, you’ll be prompted to migrate to the latest database format that supports floating time zones.
- Floating Time Zones — Once your database has been migrated, all new items will be created with “floating” time zones, meaning that they will become due or available at the same local time no matter where you are in the world. Turn off “Use floating time zone” in the inspector for items where you want the local due and defer times to change when you travel (the old behavior).
- TaskPaper — Added a
@time-zone parameter with values
- Add TaskPaper Shortcut Action — Fixed a problem where this action couldn’t handle Emoji in folder/project/task names.
- Apple Watch — Fixed a problem with OmniFocus on watchOS 4.x.
- Crash — Fixed a crash dismissing search when newly synced changes were waiting to be integrated.
- Crash — Fixed a crash tapping Share while viewing a website preview.
- Crash — Fixed several sync-related crashes.
- Deleted Items — Addressed a number of problems that could result in a “Resurrection Error” message.
- Due Soon — Fixed a problem where changes to the "Due Soon” means: preference wouldn’t take effect.
- Extensions — Fixed a problem that could result in a “Database is Locked” error when making changes in Today or other extensions.
- Inspector — Fixed a problem where the inspector would immediately reopen after being dismissed from home screen search results.
- Perspectives — Fixed a problem where some parents would be missing from custom perspectives that group and sort entire projects.
- Settings — Fixed a problem where Settings could be disabled if you launched OmniFocus via URL.
- Sync — Fixed a problem where OmniFocus would stop integrating synced changes after a database reset.
- Sync — Fixed a problem where using OmniFocus for the Web could prevent a database migration from completing.
- TaskPaper — Fixed a problem where TaskPaper items with Dropped status would pass that status along to pasted siblings.
- Today — Fixed a problem where dropped items were shown when the Today widget was set to show items deferred until today.
- Today — Fixed a problem where the Today widget wouldn’t display items in action groups in the Inbox.
- Today — Fixed a problem where the Today widget would sometimes show “No Items” instead of the correct contents.
- Database Migration — Made a number of improvements to the database migration flow.
- Documentation — Updated the reference manual.
- Sync — OmniFocus no longer waits for multiple edits when pushing changes to the server, which should result in sync feeling faster in situations when you’re working on multiple devices at once.
- Smaller Fixes and Improvements — Thanks for sending in feedback!