OmniOutliner 3 for iOS brings structured writing to a wider audience with the introduction of OmniOutliner Essentials and adds highly-anticipated features to OmniOutliner Pro.
OmniOutliner 3 requires iOS 11.
OmniOutliner Essentials is a brand new edition of OmniOutliner for iOS: A svelte, focused, and extremely affordable outlining app that puts the focus on your content and whatever task you’re working on—not on the tool you’re using.
- Free Downloads — OmniOutliner for iOS is now a free download in the App Store. This change allows us to offer a two week trial, discounted upgrades to customers who bought previous versions of OmniOutliner, and a free read-only mode.
- Dark Mode — OmniOutliner’s UI adapts to match your document’s background color.
- Drag and Drop — Text can be dragged to documents. Rows can be dragged between documents or to other apps.
- Keyword Filtering — Filter the outline by keyword via the new Filter icon in the toolbar.
- Simplified Inspector — Access simple document and text styling options via the redesigned Essentials Inspector.
- Improved Outline View — Row handles and Status Checkboxes now follow the row indentation level.
- Recent Documents — View recently edited documents all in one place, regardless of whether they’re saved locally or synced via another service like OmniPresence or iCloud.
- Templates — Choose a template or apply a theme to an existing document using OmniOutliner’s new Template Picker.
- Printing — Documents can now be printed via the new Print option in the Share menu.
- PDF — Send a PDF copy of your document using the new PDF format option.
- 1Password — 1Password integration is available for OmniPresence account setup.
- New File Format — OmniOutliner 3 for iOS adopts the new .ooutline format introduced by OmniOutliner 5 for Mac: a flat (zipped) file that is more compatible with third-party cloud sync platforms.
- OPML Mode — When editing OPML files, features not supported by the file format are hidden or disabled.
- Pro Document Compatibility — Documents containing Pro features are fully viewable in Essentials, along with an option to import a copy that removes all Pro styling and content.
OmniOutliner Pro 3 includes all of the great new features of Essentials, everything good from OmniOutliner 2, and all of this:
- Focusing — A Section List has been added to give you an overview of your document and the ability to focus on certain areas.
- Status Bar — When focused or filtered, a status bar appears to remind you that content is hidden and provide easy access to your full outline.
- Drag and Drop — In addition to text, images and other files can be dragged to documents.
- Filters — Create and save keyword filters. If you’re syncing with OmniOutliner 5 Pro for Mac, you can also apply advanced filters created in the Mac edition of OmniOutliner.
- Optimized Inspector — The Contents and Text Style Inspectors now open in a unified view on smaller iOS devices and as a unified sidebar on larger iOS devices, allowing for improved access to inspector contents. When space is available, the Inspector sidebar now persists on the screen, making it easier to make multiple changes to your document.
- Outline Column — The outline column can now be placed anywhere in a multi-column document.
- Excel Export — Export to the Excel (xlsx) format.
- PowerPoint Export — PowerPoint export now places embedded images on corresponding slides. You’ll need to manually re-position them, though.
- Password Encryption — Add a password to secure your documents with AES-256 encryption.
- New File Format — While .ooutline files are zipped by default, package files are still available for scenarios where that makes more sense, like for version control. Note— The previous .oo3 format can still be opened and edited but features requiring the new format will be disabled.
- OPML Mode — Edit metadata for OPML files and set text encoding in the Document inspector.