OmniGraffle 7.16 improves reliability when OmniGraffle documents are synced with third party providers. This release introduces a new file type that avoids compatibility issues with certain sync platforms, such as Dropbox, while maintaining great performance.
File Formats — A new default single file format has been added. This is a zipped version of the pre-existing file package format which has significant performance advantages over the old single file format that encoded images as XML data. This combines most of the benefits of the pre-existing formats in a way that is compatible with file syncing services like Dropbox. Versions prior to OmniGraffle for Mac 7.16 and OmniGraffle for iOS 3.14 will not be able to read this format.
- Existing documents saved in legacy formats will have the option to upgrade or continue saving in the legacy format.
- Legacy documents will prompt once per session to upgrade after the first edit.
- Documents can be switched to the package format in situations where it is preferred. This can be done via File > Change File Type.
- The Document > Format inspector has been removed.
- Legacy formats are available under the OmniGraffle export format options.
- All new documents will be created in the new format regardless of what the template uses.
- Saving — The UI is unblocked sooner after a save is initiated to reduce interruptions to your work. Saving will continue in the background.
- UI — The Style Well previews for tools have a background and border to provide visual consistency regardless of the light or dark theme appearance.
- UI — The Line Tool style preview shows a curved line instead of straight when set to the Curved line type.
- Exporting — New documents will have the OmniGraffle document format option selected by default instead of the stencil format.
- Exporting — All layers are exported when using Flexible Canvas Mode with objects positioned outside the canvas bounds.
- Stencils — Fixed a bug that could cause stencils which used legacy line routing to trigger a repeating error about autosave failing.
- Line Routing — Fixed a bug with lines on shared layers that could cause lines to save with the wrong line routing. Affected files will not fix themselves automatically; modifying a line point will correct the issue and the line will save correctly going forward.
- Text Positioning — Toggling the Wrap to Shape option can be undone.
- Lines — When changing the text of an object set to Fit shape to text, any connected lines will automatically adjust.
- Undo — Undo correctly positions objects that have been repositioned using the Geometry inspector.
- SVG Import — Fixed a bug importing lines that have zero dimension.
- Visio Import (PRO) — Fixed a bug causing the prompt about the paper size being too small for the margins to trigger more often than it should.
- Visio Import (PRO) — Fixed a couple importing bugs that prevented some files from importing.
- Shared Layers (PRO) — Objects on shared layers respect custom origins so they accurately report their location and adjust correctly to changes in position.
- Keychain Access — If you have signed into an Omni Account in a different Omni app, you will no longer be prompted to unlock the keychain entry for “Omni Account”.