OmniFocus 2.1 is a Universal app that works on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. In addition to combining the functionality of the previous iPad and iPhone applications, we’ve added several new features and fixed many bugs. If you previously purchased Pro, you may need to restore your purchase (free) to keep using those features. If you haven’t purchased Pro yet, check out this article for more information: http://support.omnigroup.com/omnifocus-2-ios-pro-upgrade
Changes from OmniFocus for iPad 2.0.3:
- Universal App — OmniFocus now runs on iPhones and iPads.
- Customizeable Today Extension — Show deferred items or choose a custom perspective to display in Notification Center (Pro)
- Tiled Home Screen (Pro) — Tap and Hold to drag tiles and customize your layout
- Extension Architecture — We’ve changed the underlying way extensions interact with the OmniFocus app to make adding and viewing items in extensions more responsive and generally seamless.
Features which are new to the iPhone in this release:
- Landscape Support — Landscape orientation is now supported on iPhone.
- Review — The Review perspective is now available on iPhone.
- Perspective Creation (Pro) — Create perspectives on your iPhone
- Project Perspectives — Perspectives which use project hierarchy are now supported on iPhone
- Grouping and Sorting — Grouping and sorting are now available on iPhone.
- Platform Parity — In general, all of the features of OmniFocus for iPad are now available on iPhone in this Universal app. If you can’t find something, let us know!
We normally include “Smaller Fixes and Improvements” in our release notes, but in this case the fixes and improvements not covered above are not small - we’ve improved many interactions and fixed lots of bugs and crashes.