OmniFocus 3 for Mac is now shipping!
It’s free to download, and it offers a two-week free trial. Read all about it on the OmniFocus 3 for Mac product page. From there you can download it directly or go to the Mac App Store and download it there.
This major update to OmniFocus for Mac — the trusted, gold-standard task manager, also available for iOS — is the result of two years of careful design, planning, and engineering, and we believe it’s easily the best OmniFocus ever.
This release brings a modern design that still manages to feel familiar — OmniFocus 2 users will feel right at home, while still being delighted by the fresh new user interface. It also brings new features and improves existing features.
We hope you love OmniFocus 3 for Mac as much as we’ve loved making it!
Watch the video:
- Tags add a powerful additional organizing tool. Create tags for people, energy levels, priorities, locations, and more.
- The Forecast view shows your tasks and calendar events in order, so you can better see what’s coming up in your day.
- Enhanced repeating tasks are easier than ever to set up — and they work with real-world examples such as the first weekday of the month.
- The updated, modern design helps you focus on your projects and actions.
New in the Pro version:
- The filtering rules in custom perspectives are simpler to use while being more powerful than ever, letting you combine rules with “all,” “any,” and “none.” You can also choose any image to use as your custom perspective’s icon, and a custom tint color to go with it. And, most importantly, custom perspectives support the new tags feature.
- Today’s Forecast can include items with a specific tag, and you can reorder those tasks however you choose, so you can plan your day better.
That’s certainly not all! Read the release notes for more details.
And check out Inside OmniFocus for articles written by OmniFocus users outside of Omni — learn about their workflows and get inspired to accomplish more every day.
Pricing, Discounts, and Upgrades
Standard and Pro editions are available. Standard is $39.99, and Pro is $79.99. An upgrade from Standard to Pro is $39.99. For copies downloaded from the Mac App Store, Standard and Pro licenses are available through in-app purchases. For copies downloaded from our website, Standard and Pro licenses are available through our store. (All prices quoted are for the US Mac App Store.)
If you purchased OmniFocus for Mac in the past, then you get a 50% discount to the same edition (Standard or Pro) for OmniFocus 3 for Mac, as long as it’s from the same store (Mac App Store or our website).
If you purchased OmniFocus 2 for Mac since our announcement last October, then you will get a free upgrade to the same edition.
We also offer educational discounts via our store. Volume discounts are available through our store. Companies and organizations interested in a site license or maintenance contract, or both, should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re working on OmniFocus for the Web and, at the same time, we’re continuing to work on enhancements, fixes, and new features for OmniFocus for iOS and for Mac.
OmniFocus just keeps getting better. :)
As always, our Support Humans are standing by, ready to help with you any questions!