The Omni Group is proud to announce the birth of a new bouncing baby app: OmniFocus for iPhone. Don't let its size fool you. It may fit in your pocket, but it's got all the same classy and nifty that you get with OmniFocus for Mac. For instance:
- Full featured as a stand alone iPhone app, or…
- Sync wirelessly with OmniFocus 1.1 on your Mac (via MobileMe or generic WebDAV)
- Same powerful management of your projects, contexts and actions
- Easy access to special lists such as Due Soon, Overdue, and Flagged
We figured that as long as we were building an iPhone app, we should take advantage of some of the neat stuff you can do on the phone. Here are some of the iPhone-only features that are shipping in the application right now:
- Dynamic location-aware action lists: Let OmniFocus for iPhone put together a list of actions that can be accomplished near to your current location!
- Photo capture: Save quick snapshots to your OmniFocus inbox. If you're using sync, these will show up in OmniFocus on your Mac.
- Voice notes: Sometimes it's just faster to record a quick voice note to yourself.
There's more information and links to the App Store on the OmniFocus for iPhone page. Also, our very own Michaela has put together a great intro video for OmniFocus for iPhone. If you're curious about the application and would like to see more before purchasing, check it out now. It's a
26MB 15MB download so you might want to option-click that link to start it downloading rather than wait for the page to load it in fully.