Got another question from a customer which I thought other folks might be interested in, so up on the blog it goes!
Q: Has there been any progress on index card printing? I've been checking through the New Features lists with each releases, but I haven't seen anything relevant. Have I missed something? It would be really great if I could print to index cards nicely.
A: You can do this, but it's not something that we mentioned in the feature list. What you want to do is set up a custom paper size, then tell OmniFocus to use that paper size when printing.
(This assumes your printer supports printing to 3x5 cards, of course.)
To set up a custom paper size, do the following:
- Open OmniFocus
- Select File -> Page Setup
- In the Paper Size pop-up menu, select “Manage Custom Sizes”.
- In the window that appears, press the plus-sign button in the lower left.
- Double-click the new item that appears in the left column, and rename it to “3x5 Notecard”.
- On the right side of the page, set the page width to 5 inches, and the page height to 3 inches.
- Adjust the printer margins to taste, or leave them on the default values.
- Press the Okay button to close the window and save your custom paper size.
You'll now be taken back to the page setup sheet in OmniFocus. Again, assuming your printer supports printing to 3x5 cards, you can now select your custom paper size in the “Paper Size” pop-up. Press the Okay button.
Do a test print (or preview), adjust to taste, and you're all set to take your OmniFocus info with you all pocket-sized.