The Omni Group is looking to grow our Support Human team to support our products for Mac, iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch and the web.
On the Job
You’re the first contact for many of our customers. The Support team works together to respond to customer emails, answer phone calls and voicemails, reply to tweets and forum posts, and make sure questions, bug reports, and feature requests are properly passed on to the rest of the team. If you know the answer to something, great! If not, gather information and call on team members (inside and outside Support) to help. You’ll be supporting all prior versions of our commercial and free products, in addition to our current shipping releases and test builds.
Omni cares about the privacy of our customers’ data, so you’ll be using mostly internally-developed, self-hosted tools. We’re a small team, and it’s not uncommon for someone to pick up a side specialty that interests them and helps further a company goal or project. Our customers love our products and push them to their limits, so you’ll always be learning!
- You’re empathetic, patient, and have a positive attitude, even when helping a customer who is having a bad day.
- You have strong problem-solving, communication, and customer service skills. You can think your way through problems and enjoy helping our customers solve them.
- You know how to speak up and ask questions, and absorb technical information. The entire team is here to support you while learning about our applications, but asking for help when you need it is important.
- You contribute to discussions, and are comfortable with remote communication methods like synchronous team chat (Mattermost), video calls, and emails. Our entire team is remote, but we’re looking forward to opportunities to work together in person in the future!
- You are comfortable using and solving problems on computers, mobile devices, and the apps that run on them. If your friends and relatives come to you for advice on their Apple Store purchases, that’s a good sign.
- You live in Washington State, Oregon, Alaska, Virginia, or Washington, D.C. and have access to high speed internet.
The Omni Group is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. We recognize that our industry has a diversity problem and we’d like to be part of the solution.
- You’re experienced with macOS, iOS/iPadOS, and/or watchOS.
- You’ve done previous phone or email based tech support work, have generalized customer service experience, or in-person tech support experience.
- You read or speak any non-English languages (let us know which one(s)!).
- You’ve got some experience with our products. (If not, go to our website and read about them. Do they seem interesting to you? If you have access to a Mac or iOS device, download the free trials and test them out.)
Compensation and Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $50k. Our benefits include a 401k with matching, incredible insurance for you and your family, generous vacation and sick leave, and the potential for profit sharing. Omni provides all the equipment and software that you need to do this job and will supply furniture that you might need to make sure your home office is comfortable.
How to Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the exact phrase “Phone Support Human” in the subject line. Include a copy of your resume in text, HTML, RTF, or PDF form.
Please note: If you submit a Word document, you will not be considered for the position. No phone calls.
Every applicant who sends a resume by November 17, 2020 will receive a set of sample support questions to work on; applicants will have until November 23, 2020 to submit responses. Those answers are by far the most important factor we’ll use when selecting who to interview.
We’re excited to hear from you!