The Omni Group is looking for a System Administrator to join our operations team. Your primary responsibilities will be to provide operations support for Omni’s servers and systems, both customer-facing and internal, and to provide technical support for your fellow employees. Our workforce is mostly remote, but we do have a small office presence as well as several server racks in a data center located in downtown Seattle. Candidates for this position must be located within the Seattle area or willing to relocate.
The initial salary for this position will be $85k - $115k/year, based on relevant skills and experience (see list below). Our benefits include a 401(k) program with matching donations, incredible insurance for you and your family, generous vacation and sick leave, and the potential for profit sharing. Omni provides all the equipment and software that you need to do this job, and will supply furniture to help set up your home office environment.
This is a full-time position and hours for this job are Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm, with after-hours on-call rotation. Adjustment to hours may be required to address issues in a timely manner.
- Maintaining, upgrading, repairing, and managing hardware assets for all Omni servers, workstations, and networking equipment
- Determining and maintaining appropriate security on the servers and network
- Managing server operating systems, including server administration, backups, upgrading, user account management, and directory services
- Providing technical support for remote employees
- Documenting architecture and system procedures
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Experience with macOS, iOS, UNIX, FreeBSD, Linux
- Experience building and maintaining databases (Postgres and mysql)
- Experience with virtualization (qemu) and containerization (docker)
- Experience running enterprise-grade applications on Apple hardware and operating systems
- Ability to judge relative urgency of multiple issues appropriately
- Ability to work productively with limited supervision
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide clear instructions, both written and verbal
- Willingness to create and maintain documentation
- Discretion when dealing with and having access to sensitive and/or confidential information
In order to be considered for this job please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm PST on Monday, January 24, 2022 with “System Administrator” in the subject. No phone calls or visits.