The Omni Group is a successful and talented team working to increase the productivity and joy of our customers throughout the world with our suite of products for Macs, iPhones, and iPads.
We are a long-lived company with a startup work ethic, staffed with a unique selection of talented, driven, and friendly people. Please send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org using a format you are sure we’ll be able to read, and we will send you an automatic acknowledgment so you can be sure we received it. Unless otherwise stated, all positions are for full-time employment in our lovely Seattle office. Check the specific job postings to see if the hiring manager has any additional submission requirements.
What kind of applicants are we seeking?
You must be the sort of person who can see the glamor in any project if it helps Omni to succeed! We are looking for someone who is smart, but not conceited. If you think you know all the answers, we’re not interested. If you think you know some of the questions, send us a résumé. We don’t put up with big individual egos, although we fully admit to having a big collective ego. You must be a team player. You must, must, must be self-motivating. We don’t discriminate based on anything that would upset you, like race, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We won’t hire anyone who’s on the planet without a visa, though.
The Omni Group is a rewarding but nontraditional place to work, and our compensation packages reflect that. We offer the usual range of traditional benefits to employees:
- Competitive salaries, based on experience.
- Bonuses, based on our revenues and profitability for the year.
- Stock options. (Note that we are not aiming to become publicly traded.)
- 401(k), with some company matching, again depending on our revenues and profitability for the year.
- Full health coverage.
- Vision and dental coverage.
But when we founded this business we knew that we were going to spend a ton of time here, so basic survival dictated that it should be fun as well as easy to work in. To those ends, we also have some less traditional benefits:
- Omni has a professional chef and assistants with the power of a restaurant-grade kitchen at their disposal. Dinner is at five o’clock every weeknight; your SO and kids are welcome, too. If you find eating at the office to be impractical, feel free to pack some food up to take home with you.
- Personal hardware purchase budget. Omni provides everything you need to get your job done in the office, but if you need an extra 30” display at home we can help with that too.
- Professional development budget, which covers conferences, training, or materials that you can convince us will help further your work-related skills.
- Corporate matching of personal contributions to 501(c) non-profits, up to a limit.
- A theater, and other media amenities. Miss a WWDC session? Watch it on our hugenormous projector. Fail to watch indie movies when they first came out? Check them out from our movie library!
- A whole mess of console video game systems, both current and old-school. There is a dedicated A/V system for the games, so someone can watch Game of Thrones while others play Rock Band. And of course, we have a large suite of board games, D&D goodies, pinball, and other classic paraphernalia.
- On-site massages.
But, don’t get the impression we just goof around: it takes a lot of hard work to make our products a joy for our customers. Doing what we do, and doing it the way we choose to, is not easy. Luckily, we all love doing what we do, and we hope you will too.
Omni is located in rainy Seattle, possibly the most beautiful city in North America. The air here is still clean, the people still friendly, local brands are still more popular than national brands, and music festivals still feel like they are for the people.