OmniFocus 2.6 adds an optional Dark Color Palette, more responsive sync, and Swipe to Flag. It also includes many bug fixes.
- Dark Color Palette — Choose between light and dark color palettes, or have OmniFocus automatically adjust as background lighting shifts. You’ll find controls for this feature in OmniFocus Settings.
- Swipe to Flag — Toggle the flag on tasks or projects from any list or outline.
- Responsive Syncing — OmniFocus now uses Push to trigger syncs so that changes made elsewhere are dowloaded to your device more quickly. As of this release, support for Push on the Omni Sync Server is in beta. Even if you sync with your own WebDAV server, this feature changes the amount of (anonymous) data that reaches Omni servers; check out this support article for more information. In order for your Mac to trigger a sync in OmniFocus for iOS, it must be running OmniFocus 2.2.1 or later.
- Sync Settings — Sync Settings have been redesigned to incorporate Push, as well as provide a client list and a log of recent syncs.
- Incompatible Database Alert — This now offers to email OmniFocus support and include debug information that will help us find out why you received it.
- Sync While Editing — OmniFocus now integrates sync changes in many more situations*, though sync is still postponed:
- While creating a new item.
- While a text field is being edited (i.e. the keyboard is open).
- While a sub-editor like the repeat details view is open.
- HTTP Request Headers —- Our WebDAV HTTP requests now include an
X-Caused-By:header which indicates the reason for the current operation. We’ll be using this header to analyze the effects of Push on Omni Sync Server traffic.
- Cold Launch — Updated the splash image used for cold launch to be less jarring when the dark palette is enabled.
- Inherited Dates — Inherited dates now appear in italics to reduce confusion.
- Edit Mode — We no longer give the No Context group drag handles in edit mode, since it can’t be moved.
- Grouping Counts — Grouping counts now immediately update in response to view option changes.
- Apple Watch App — Fixed a problem where counts on the home screen and glance were not updated when crossing over midnight.
- Due Date Picker — If a Defer Date is set, the Due Date now defaults to it instead of Today.
- URLS in Notes — Made tapping links in notes easier.
- Sharing from Other iOS Apps — If a share provider provides separate title and content, we now place the title in the new action’s title and the content in its note.
- VoiceOver — Greatly improved VoiceOver support.
- Miscellaneous Fixes — Assorted smaller crash fixes and stability improvements.
* This change means that OmniFocus’ “last edit wins” method of sync reconciliation is more obvious in some situations, but those situations should be limited (they require simultaneous edits to the same item).