The Omni Group is a successful and talented team working to increase the productivity and joy of our customers throughout the world with our suite of products for Macs, iPhones, and iPads. We are a long-lived company with a startup work ethic, staffed with a unique selection of talented, driven, and friendly people. Please send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org using a format you are sure we’ll be able to read, and we will send you an automatic acknowledgment so you can be sure we received it. Unless otherwise stated, all positions are for full-time employment in our lovely Seattle office. Check the specific job postings to see if the hiring manager has any additional submission requirements.
We spent our first decade working on consulting projects to help the best development environment survive and thrive. In our second decade, we’re building a suite of distinctive productivity applications; so far they have won three Macworld Editors’ Choice awards, a MacUser UK “Maxine” award, Macworld Expo Best of Show, two Mac Observer Editors’ Choice Awards, an iPhone Alley Editors’ Choice award, and five Apple Design awards. The Omni Group is a rewarding but nontraditional place to work, and our compensation packages reflect that. We offer the usual range of traditional benefits to employees:
Competitive salaries, based on experience.
Bonuses, based on our revenues and profitability for the year.
Stock options. (Note that we are not aiming to become publicly traded.)
401(k), with some company matching, again depending on our revenues and profitability for the year.
Full health coverage.
Vision and dental coverage.
But when we founded this business we knew that we were going to spend a ton of time here, so basic survival dictated that it should be fun as well as easy to work in. To those ends, we also have some less traditional benefits:
But, don’t get the impression we just goof around: it takes a lot of hard work to make our products a joy for our customers. Doing what we do, and doing it the way we choose to, is not easy. Luckily, we all love doing what we do, and we hope you will too.
Omni is located in rainy Seattle, possibly the most beautiful city in North America. The air here is still clean, the people still friendly, local brands are still more popular than national brands, and music festivals still feel like they are for the people.
You must be the sort of person who can see the glamor in any project if it helps Omni to succeed! We are looking for someone who is smart, but not conceited. If you think you know all the answers, we’re not interested. If you think you know some of the questions, send us a résumé. We don’t put up with big individual egos, although we fully admit to having a big collective ego. You must be a team player. You must, must, must be self-motivating. We don’t discriminate based on anything that would upset you, like race, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We won’t hire anyone who’s on the planet without a visa, though.
The Omni Group is seeking help in producing videos that support our world-class products. The Video Producer is part of the Marketing team, but also works closely with Engineering, UX, and Support.
- Work with UX, Engineering, Support, and Product Management to create video tutorials and other video content that helps support our full line of software applications for OS X and iOS
- Work with the Marketing team to plan and develop concepts behind the video projects, and decide what forms of media will be used - usually involving processes like scripting, storyboarding, group collaboration, etc
- Participate in refining and managing our video production processes
- Be willing to participate and collaborate in other areas of marketing - including (but not limited to) website design, advertising, marketing communication
- Be a champion for software usability and work with the UX team to refine our software
- Work with customers or affiliated clients, representing The Omni Group as both an advocate for customers and the company, with an aim toward mutual education
- You are able to work with us in our Seattle office in South Lake Union just north of Downtown. We’re not looking for remote or contract employees - sorry, but we won’t be making any exceptions on this
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Be willing to become proficient with all our software applications and write scripts for tutorials and screencasts
- The ability to work in a non-traditional marketing department that is not consumed by SEO and ROI
- Help identify customers that have a unique story that involves the use of our software
- Design, develop, and deliver instructional materials, step by step instructions, use-case documentaries, workflow tutorials, podcasts, and blog posts in a variety of media (print, video, web) and formats
- A passion for creating informative and well-crafted video content
- Aptitude at writing scripts, editing video, recording audio, and shooting video
- The ability to debate Marketing issues with the goal of finding a good answer, not winning the debate
- Self-motivation with an ability to meet deadlines
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Other Desirable Skills
- Experience with customer service, community management and/or education
- Experience producing promotional materials and/or events.
- Aptitude for production related software - including (but not limited to) ScreenFlow, Final Cut Pro X, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Logic, Adobe Creative Suite (or similar).
- Experience using Mac OS X and iOS
- Have participated in bringing a new product to market
- Some knowledge of Omni software products
To get this job
- Please send a PDF or HTML cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com. No Word files will be accepted.
- No phone calls or visits to the office please