OmniGraffle 7.7 is focused on improving SVG import and export. SVG exports now include better metadata and imports support more of the SVG specification. SVG imports and exports both produce more accurate output based on the sample files that users have sent in; thank you!
- Unique IDs — OmniGraffle object IDs are now included on each element (object/group/layer/canvas) when exporting to SVG. Object IDs are unique for each canvas but may change between exports. Use “Show object ID numbers in the Layers tab of the Sidebar” in General preferences to see the ID in OmniGraffle.
- Object Titles — Custom object names are now included in the
titleelement when exporting to SVG. Names can be defined using the Object Data inspector or using the Layers tab of the left sidebar.
- Freehand Stroke — Added support for the Freehand Stroke style in SVG Exports.
- Multiple Text Styles — Improved support for text blocks that contain multiple text styles.
- Font Weight — Adjusted the
font-weightattribute that is exported to avoid non-bold fonts in OmniGraffle being mis-interpreted as bold.
- Artboards — Improved support for exporting artboards as SVG.
- Shadows — Improved support for exporting object shadows in SVG Exports.
- Rotated Objects — Fixed a bug that caused rotated objects to be rotated the wrong way when exported to SVG.
- Overlapping Line Endings — Fixed a bug that caused line endings to not draw next to the connecting object when multiple lines overlapped.
- Export Margin — Fixed a bug that prevented the Margin setting in SVG export from being used in the export.
- Custom Gradient Midpoints— Custom gradient midpoint data is now included in SVG output instead of assuming midpoint was at the default 50%.
- Dashed Strokes — Added import support for the
- Transparency — Added import support for the
- Text Alignment — Improvements to various text alignment issues.
- SVG Transformations — Improved support for nested SVG transform functions.
- Canvas Size Uses viewBox Size — When opening an SVG file in OmniGraffle the canvas size is now defined by the
viewBoxsize in the SVG file.
- Ordering of Mixed Group Objects — Fixed a bug that caused the z-order of objects to be incorrect if grouped objects were followed by ungrouped objects.
- Hidden Layers — The Flexible canvas mode now accounts for hidden layers by only being large enough to contain the visible objects.
- Presentation Mode — Fixed a bug that caused Object Note tooltips to have a dark background after exiting Presentation Mode.
- Nudging Bézier Points — Fixed a bug that caused arrow keys to nudge an entire object when a single Bézier point was selected.
- Multi-selection of Bézier Points — Fixed a bug that prevented the multiple selection of Bézier points when using the Point Editor too.
- Export Selection — Exporting selection is more accurate and no longer creates oversized export areas.
- Pen Tool — Fixed a bug that caused lines to render incorrectly when using the Pen tool and constraining the line angle with the shift key.
- Stencil Window Previews — Fixed a bug that caused some stencil object previews to be cut-off in the grid view of the Stencil Browser.
- Zoom — Fixed a bug that prevented zoom level changes from applying to all selected canvases (would only apply to the visible canvas).
- Page Number Variable — Fixed a bug that caused the Page Number variable to report incorrect page numbers when the page was in negative coordinate space.
- Export — Fixed a bug that caused some export preferences to not be applied on initial export.