OmniFocus 3.6 for iOS and Mac add support for “floating” time zones, meaning that items will become due or available at the same local time no matter where you are in the world.
- Database Migration — Shortly after all of your devices sync using OmniFocus 3.6, you’ll be prompted to migrate to the latest database format that supports floating time zones.
- Floating Time Zones — Once your database has been migrated, all new items will be created with “floating” time zones, meaning that they will become due or available at the same local time no matter where you are in the world. Uncheck “Use floating time zone” in the Dates Inspector for items where you want the local due and defer times to change when you travel (the old behavior).
- TaskPaper — Added a
@time-zoneparameter with values
- Clipping — Fixed a problem where the default font wasn’t used for the
original messagelink when clipping from Mail.
- Columns — Fixed a problem in the Columns layout where some columns could overlap after relaunching OmniFocus.
- Crash — Fixed a crash in Forecast.
- Deleted Items — Addressed a number of problems that could result in a “Resurrection Error” message.
- Due Soon — Fixed a problem where changes to the "Due Soon” means: preference wouldn’t take effect.
- Sync — Fixed a problem where using OmniFocus for the Web could prevent a database migration from completing.
- TaskPaper — Fixed a problem where TaskPaper items with Dropped status would pass that status along to pasted siblings.
- Today — Fixed a problem where the Today widget wouldn’t display items in action groups in the Inbox.
- AppleScript — Added support for reading and writing the floating time zone setting of tasks via
should use floating time zone.
- Database Migration — Made a number of improvements to the database migration flow.
- Documentation — Updated the reference manual.
- Sync — OmniFocus no longer waits for multiple edits when pushing changes to the server, which should result in sync feeling faster in situations when you’re working on multiple devices at once.
- Smaller Fixes and Improvements — Thanks for sending in feedback!