OmniFocus 3.3 for iOS adds the ability to drop individual actions.
- Database Migration — The ability to drop individual actions requires that all of your syncing devices are running OmniFocus 3.4 for Mac or 3.3 for iOS (or later). Once all of your devices have been updated, you’ll be prompted to migrate your database to support the new feature.
- Action Status — Updated the logic that determines whether an action is available based on tag status. The rules are as follows:
- A task with all dropped tags is unavailable.
- A task with any on-hold tag is unavailable.
- A task with any other mixture of tags is available.
- A task with its own explicit status (completed or dropped) always respects that status.
- A task with no tags is available.
- Today & Watch (PRO) — When a custom perspective is chosen in Today & Watch settings, the collapsed view (as seen in Complications, the Next Up slot, and the collapsed Today Widget) now shows the first item in a perspective rather than trying to show the most timely action. If you want to keep the old behavior, sort the perspective you choose by
Due and Flagged.
- Dropped Actions — It’s now possible to drop an individual action using the inspector, option-space keyboard shortcut, 3D Touch, or swipe menu. Dropping an item is a great way to preserve an action even though you’ve decided not to do it.
- External Keyboards — You can now expand and collapse groups in the outline using the left and right arrows on a hardware keyboard.
- Outline — Added a Show Tags row to View Options for each perspective; un-check it to hide tags in the outline for that perspective.
- Perspectives — Added Due & Flagged as a new perspective sort criteria for database that have been migrated to the latest version (items with due dates or flags are shown first).
- Perspectives — You can now filter, sort, and group actions by dropped status.
- Repeats — Added a Skip item to the 3D Touch and swipe menus for repeating items that drops the current occurrence and schedules the next one.
- 3D Touch — Fixed a problem where in certain cases the title field didn’t get keyboard focus when using the New Inbox Item Quick Action.
- Attachments — You can once again drag and drop files to and from the attachment tab of the inspector.
- Inspector — Fixed a problem where the title for the Inbox Item inspector was mislabeled as “New Inbox Item”.
- Split Screen — Fixed a crash in split screen on iPad in a future iOS release.
- Action Groups — Completing an action group no longer explicitly completes every action in that group. Instead, the actions inherit the completed status.
- Action Status — Actions in projects or action groups that are completed or dropped now inherit their container’s status—similar to the existing behavior of due dates, defer dates, and flags. The Completed perspective and
Availability: Droppedperspective filter rule match actions that inherit a completed or dropped status.
- Drag and Drop — Made it easier to drop items into the first position of an action group.
- Localizations — Updated localizations.
- Selection — Tapping an already-selected item now opens the inspector instead of deselecting (multiple selection in edit mode remains unchanged).
- Subscriptions — Improved feedback and guidance when signed in to sync using one Omni Account and trying to purchase a subscription with another.
- Sync — Updated the feedback that OmniFocus gives you when it encounters a sync incompatibility.
- Smaller Fixes and Improvements — Thanks for sending in your feedback!